Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lacquistry Customs Swatches and Review

 I know I have been slacking.  Life has been a little crazy around here.  Our swimming pool had a massive algae problem thanks to the ridiculous amount of heat, and it's caused me to go a little bit crazy.  Forgive me fair patrons!  I did change the look of the blog, what do you guys think?  I like it, so I guess that is all that matters, right?  Anywho... Not too long ago I received my customs from Jenna over at Lacquistry.  I'm not sure how much longer she plans on doing custom orders, but her store on Etsy says she is doing them still so if you haven't had some made I urge you to do so.  The woman is an artist, and just lovely to work with.  Okay, enough talk. On with the pictures!



The process was pretty simple I contacted Jenna on etsy via her store there (there is a link in the first paragraph for all interested) and we talked about what I was looking for and she built the polishes based on those messages we sent back and forth




Proud peacock is a TON of different sizes or blue, green, and purple glitter in a blue jelly base.  REDtribution is also a TON of different sizes as well as shapes or red and some holo glitter in a clear base.  the above photo is just one coat.  These puppies are PACKED with some really great glitter. 


For this photo I layered Proud Peacock over Blu Blaze (Nina Pro).  The large green hex glitter looks amazing and as a whole it was so freakin sparkly I couldn't stop looking at it,


Please excuse the tip wear.  At the point this picture was taken I'd had this on for a couple days and it seems to have worn off a bit (or maybe this is the dreaded shrinkage I have heard about my beloved Seche Vite?)  I layered REDtribution over Riveting (China Glaze). I love the large square foil-y pieces in this.  I got several compliments on this mani.  Everybody wanted to know where I got the glitter and I gotta say that telling them that I had it custom made by one of the biggest names in indie polish kind of made me feel like a damn VIP.  


Overall I have to say I couldn't be more pleased.  


Don't forget to check out and enter in my giveaway!!!







1 comment: