Friday, May 18, 2012

LOTS of Swatches

I'm gonna keep this quick because I'm short on time, but today I have swatches.  LOTS of swatches.  All are from Revlon and most of them are so very wonderful I had to share.  So lets get going!




First we have Sunshine Sparkle which was my least favorite out of the bunch mostly just due to formula.  The color is great but it was really streaky and uneven going on.  I'm pretty sure this is 4 coats. 



This is Electric, and unlike Sunshine Sparkle this one applies smooth and evenly.  I love the bright color and the subtle shimmer to it.  I used 2 coats, which I gotta say is pretty damn good for a yellow.






This is Super Nature.  It's a great darker lime green cream polish and the consistency on this was perfect.  It dries super fast and has amazing coverage.  I used 2 coats here on most of my fingers but some were only 1 coat 





 This is Wind Fall.  I wish pictures could express how lovely this shade is.  It's like a bright jungle green with a subtle shimmer that really is very pretty.  It's definitely one of my favorites.  Also I only used 1 coat and it was so smooth and shiny, a perfect 1 coater.





Here we have Stormy.  Another 1 coater.  The color is a muted brown color, or kind of a dark khaki, it's really quite pretty, even though browns aren't unusually my thing.  



This is Smoky Canvas.  It's yet another excellent polish from the collection we are looking at today.  It's a nude but it leans more to gray than the typical nude.  This was 2 coats, but was also a great formula with great opacity
  



This is Orchid, a great shade for those of you who like girly colors, personally it's not my favorite color but the formula is great.  It's kind of a muted magenta-ish color in a metallic finish.



Guava is a great coral type shade. It leans a bit more towards pink than your typical coral.  I used 2 coats here, but could maybe have stuck to just one if they had been a bit thicker.   


 

Mock Snob is like Guava's move vivacious sister.  It's also in the coral family but leans more red/orange.  I LOVE this shade.  I used 2 coats.





 This is Cloud.  It's a very pale greyish blueish lavender.  I've never seen a shade quite like it.  It's very elegant and classy. I used 2 coats with this one as well. 




Oh my frickin goodness.  This is Gold Rush, and my absolute favorite out of the bunch.  SO gorgeous.  1 coater with a metallic foil finish, and it's just perfection.  When I bought this I thought it was close in color to another gold I have and the shade is bit different, but it totally kicks the other polish's ass in terms of consistency and pigmentation. 




Last but not least we have Carbonite.  The formula is just as good as Gold rush.  The color is a brownish pewter color, and it's right up there for me with Gold Rush.  It seems very close to Chanel's Graphite, which I would compare, but I don't own a single Chanel polish because I'm too cheap to be forking out that kind of dough.  I may eat my words one of these days, but for now I'll stick to Carbonite.  : )







No comments:

Post a Comment