Sunday, May 6, 2012

Nabi Magnetic Mani

This is a bit belated posting. but I actually haven't had time to sit down and do my nails much lately, let alone  blog about it.  I got a bottle of Nabi Magnetic Polish at my local Walgreen's last month and hadn't used it yet so I figured I'd give it a go.  Unlike most of my polishes there was no color name anywhere on the bottle, but that seems to be a common problem with these Nabi magnetics.  In the bottle the color was a pretty teal color.  The magnet on the bottle is pretty weak but will get the job done if you hover over the nail long enough, which proves difficult because it doesn't have a finger rest on it (boo hiss!).  The color on my nail is very different from the color I see in the bottle.  The shade didn't photograph very well but it leans more towards an emerald green shade than a teal.  Still very pretty.  The polish itself has a very weird kind of smell to it.  It's kind of a plastic smell, and not at all pleasant.  I did end up using a magnet off of my Finger Paints magnetic polishes, which work much more efficiently.  The color selection in this line is pretty impressive.  I may have to get a couple more and try them out.  All in all I would say that I love the color, but the smell and crappy attached magnet are definite downsides to the brand. 

3 comments:

  1. Just a heads up, my Nabi Magnetic is also labeled 47-300 but it's Plum colored. Wish they had names! Was just over on Scrangies blog and noticed in the comments that several others have the same problem :( Stinks because I buy polish half the time because I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have since bought several more and noticed that too. I'd meant to update, but keep forgetting. I'll do that now. It's a pain that most don't have the name label, but from the names I've seen on them they weren't all that creative anyway.

      Delete