Monday, May 7, 2012

Recent Haul Swatches

 
 
Over the past week or so I have picked up a handful of polishes (no buy month is not working out so well.) so I figured I would do some more swatches.  So today I've got these beauties for you.  Pictured above are Sinful Colors in Luminary, Wet n Wild's Spoiled in I'm So Jaded, Finger Paints in Grape Gumball, and Lemon Sour.  So here we go....


Sinful Colors' Luminary just can't take a picture to do it justice.  It's a pretty peachy coral color with a shimmery sparkly something special to it.  When I walked by it at the drug store it immediately grabbed my attention.  It's part of the Sheer Shimmer collection, but coverage was surprisingly not that sheer.  Pictured here are 3 coats and it seems to cover decently.
Next we have Spoiled in I'm so Jaded from Wet n Wild.  The name doesn't ring true for me if they were going for the obvious pun.  This green is far from jade colored. It's a darker lime green with GORGEOUS gold shimmer.  It kind of reminds me of a lime green hot rod.  Application is interesting due to the wonky brush that this line has.  This one was much better than some of the others I've gotten, and I like the color enough to make up for it.  Pictured above are 3 coats.


Finger Paints in Lemon Sour is part of the Gumdrops & Lollipops collection which has been available at Sally's for a few months now I suppose.  It's actually clearanced right now, and you can find it here  for $3.29.  It's a creamy light yellow.  Yellows for some reason tend to be streaky but this one isn't too bad.  I only used 2 coats and it applied pretty evenly.  This seems like a yellow worth having.
Finger Paints in Grape Gumball is also from the Gumdrops & Lollipops collection and is also on clearance.  It's a really lovely purple color.  I gotta say I am in love with this shade.  It leans kind of towards blue and has a subtle shimmer to it which didn't photograph all that great but you can see it a bit there in my pinkie.  I liked this color enough I didn't want to take it off so I just decided to swatch a glitter I got recently as well and layer over top Grape Gumball.  Picture here is ONE COAT!.  I could hardly believe that.  I urge anybody that doesn't have this shade to go get it before it's gone forever. 


 So you guys get a bonus swatch (sort of).  I recently got this beauty at my local CVS.  It's Tazmanian Devil by Confetti.  It features medium and small sized hex glitter, and super tiny (I'm assuming round) glitter all in a rainbow of colors, but silver being the most prominent.  Here it is layered over Grape Gumball.  It lays really smoothly and is a pretty dense glitter.  I used 1-2 coats depending on the nail. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Curling iron brush and Clipless curling iron. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Spa&Equipment websites.

    ReplyDelete